Complete your Tour Experience with our awesome merchandise, we have it all! We sell hats to use during the outside activities and much more! We can even print your company’s logo on it. We also do goodie bags to give to your guests after the event or an Energy kit, Healthy kit or Asia kit with some drinks and snacks for your guests to enjoy during the event. Some of…
Myanmar / Burma
Burma a fantastic destination for Meetings and Incentives!
Stepping back in time to a mystical golden land
Myanmar remains one of the most mysterious and undiscovered destinations in the world, it is a land of breathtaking beauty and charm, yet only recently emerging into the modern world. Myanmar is one of South East Asia’s largest and most diverse countries, stretching from the sparkling islands of the Andaman Sea right up into the Eastern Himalayan mountain range. Myanmar offers all the traditional delights of Asia in one fascinating country. Virgin jungles, snow-capped mountains and pristine beaches, combined with a rich and glorious heritage spanning more than two thousand years. Spectacular monuments and ancient cities, attest to a vibrant culture and past ancient civilization, home to 135 different ethnic groups.
To visit Myanmar (Burma) is to step into another world of spellbinding aromas, sights and sensations, with a truly unique atmosphere. Yangon, the capital of Myanmar, is a melting pot of the traditional and the contemporary, true Burmese culture melding with a colonial legacy still present decades after the departure of the British. The city’s pulse beats to the rhythm of its streets, bustling with what makes the country so special: its people.
Wherever you go you will catch glimpses of times past, real or imagined, but it is the hospitality and friendliness of the people of this “golden land” which is most striking- their tolerance of different religions and cultures, respect for each other and heartfelt smiles. It is this perhaps more than anything else which makes Myanmar the unique and fascinating destination it is.
Let yourself be inspired by stately processions of monks robed in saffron and purple, shaven headed nuns seeking alms, and elegant Burmese ladies adorned with yellow thanaka paste. Young and old linger gossiping in teashops smoking traditional fragrant Burmese cheroots, dressed as they have been for centuries in their traditional sarongs (longyis or htameins). The country’s tourism infrastructure boasts five star properties, intimate boutique hotels and family guest houses in all the major centers, as well as stunning mountain and beach resorts. Myanmar also boasts one of the lowest tourist crime records in the world, so visitors can be assured that their holiday will be carefree and safe from start to finish. The feeling whilst traveling through this amazing nation, is like being on an Indiana Jones set and around each corner there a feeling of adventure, excitement and something interesting.
- MONEY : The Myanmar Kyat (K or MMK) is the official currency of Burma. US dollars can be changed at Yangon airport, banks (which give the best exchange rates) and some hotels (which charge more but can be handy at a pinch). Black market money changers are prolific on the streets of major tourist hubs, but generally give a much worse price for Kyat.
- VISAS : Visa requirements to visit Myanmar change on a regular basis and it’s best to check with the Burmese embassy in your country before making your travel plans. The safest approach is to assume you will need one. A tourist visa’s validity expires 90 days after issue and only allows a 28-day, single-entry visit.
- ELECTRICITY : The voltage in Myanmar is 220-230 Volts AC, running at 50 Hz. Most of the major hotels accept the British-style three-pin rectangular blade plugs, although you may also find the old British round three-pin plug or European round two-pin plug.
- DIALING CODE : +95
- TIME ZONE : GMT/UTC+06:30.
- GETTING THERE & AWAY : All international flights arrive at Yangon (Rangoon) airport (RGN), except a lone Thursday flight from Chiang Mai (Thailand) to Mandalay airport (MDL). Both airports can land DC10s and 747s.
- PUBLIC HOLIDAYS : Buddhist festivals are declared according to local astronomical observations and it is not possible to forecast the date of their occurrence exactly.
- LANGUAGE : The official language is Myanmar (Burmese) but there are also many other dialects and languages. English is spoken in business circles and it’s possible to get by in English in major tourist areas, although a few words of Burmese are appreciated.
- Hello : Min ga la ba.
- Thank you : Kyeizu tin ba de.
The formula of innovative programs doesn’t just stop at Myanmar, DMC Burma Plus are experts in many destinations.
Our dedicated specialists in all our offices, offer a wealth of knowledge and expertise in planning, organizing and implementing a wide range of events and meetings. We provide a seamless experience that will not only save time and money, but leave a lasting impression of a truly memorable and successful occasion.
Individual incentives, unforgettable events, fun-filled team-building, inspired product launches, successful meetings and conferences are just some of the many occasions where we can add real value.
Our highly qualified team will work closely with clients to ensure every aspect of the brief is carried out with precision and care. Coupled with our extensive industry knowledge and buying power with key suppliers, DMC guarantees events and meetings to remember!