- MONEY : The Vietnamese đồng (៛ or VND) is the currency of Vietnam. Most major currencies can be exchanged at leading banks in Vietnam. Most land border crossings now have some sort of official currency exchange, offering the best rates available in these remote parts of the country.
- VISAS : Tourist visas allow visitors to enter and exit Vietnam at Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Danang airports airports or at any of its plentiful land borders, shared with Cambodia, China and Laos. Tourist visas are valid for a single 30-day stay.
- ELECTRICITY : 220 V; Plugs A, C & G. Type A is the norm in Southern Vietnam and Type C is the norm in Northern Vietnam. Type G is found only in some hotels.
- DIALING CODE : +84
- TIME ZONE : GMT/UTC+07:00.
- GETTING THERE & AWAY : There are three international airports in Vietnam. Tan Son Nhat airport serves Ho Chi Minh City and is Vietnam’s busiest international air hub. Hanoi’s Noi Bai airport is the destination of choice for those concentrating on northern Vietnam, while a handful of international flights also serve Danang airport, a useful gateway to the charms of central Vietnam.
- PUBLIC HOLIDAYS : Tết (Vietnamese New Year) Largest holiday of the year, occurs around late January-early February.
– Hello : Xin chào. (seen chow)
– Thank you : Cảm ơn. (kuhm uhhn)
|Life Expectancy||70 Years|
|Ethnic Groups||Vietnamese 90%|
|Literacy (15+ can read & write)||Male – 96.5%|
|Female – 91.2%|
|Total – 93.7%|
Land Area 329,560 km²
Northern Vietnam is monsoonal with two distinct seasons – hot and wet summers (May to October) and cool and dry winters (November to April).
Central Vietnam is more temperate in the coastal areas and cooler in the highlands. In the coastal areas the weather is warm and reasonable dry (May to September) and cooler in the winter with heavy monsoonal rains in late September and October.
Southern Vietnam is tropical and fairly consistently hot and humid all year round with the rainy season between May and November.
President elected by the National Assembly from among its members for a five-year term. Prime Minister appointed by the President from among the members of the National Assembly.
National Assembly consists of 498 seats with members elected by popular vote for 5-year terms (need to be approved by the CVP)
Average Monthly Temperature in Hanoi
Average Monthly Rainfall in Hanoi